Saturday, January 25, 2014

This Week

I found out that one of my high-school friends, who gave birth to twins at 24 weeks, lost one of the twins, Kai.  Kinnon still lives, but without her brother.

I found out that one of my childhood friends has kidney cancer.

On Mr. Squire's train ride home from men's group, two passengers boarded and one started pummeling the other in the head, splattering his blood all over the train and punching him almost to death.  Mr. Squire and the crowd of other passengers on that packed car scrunched into a corner, unaware of whether one or both men had a knife or a gun.  He's been traumatized ever since.

* * *

My heart is filled with a deep sadness.  Brokenness surrounds us, and there's no escaping it. 

At the same time, thank God for the hope that we have in Him.  He gives each person strength to meet each trial.  In His wisdom, He may withhold justice for a time here in the present, but the day will come when all will acknowledge His existence, goodness, and status as Lord.  

I cannot imagine living in this world without that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment