Thursday, July 10, 2014

Reason #38427934 Why My Hobey is the Best

Excerpt of our gchat conversation at 5:45 PM, a couple hours before we are due to be in Williamsburg for fellowship group tonight:

Me:  uhhhh... looks like... we might be filing our big motion tomorrow?  I think it will be impossible.  But if that is what they want to do, i will literally have to come back to work and work all night

Mr. Squire:  tonight?

Me:  my guess is that they will not choose to do that.  yes.

Mr. Squire:   :(

Me:  no idea yet

Mr. Squire:  if so, i can come back w/you and work from your office


* * *

I know it sounds too good to be true (i.e. like an empty offer), but it's actually not.  I don't often come into the office to work on weekends (instead, I just hole up at home and do work every Saturday), but when I do, Mr. Squire is invariably with me.  He camps out across from my desk, props up his feet, and either does work of his own or watches a movie.  And I get a lot more done and feel a lot better when he's there.  When Junior comes, those days will be a thing of the past.  But they'll always occupy a very special place in my heart.  My giving, sacrificial hobey.


No comments:

Post a Comment