Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Tide is Turning

After our breastfeeding/newborn care class this morning in Jersey City, Mr. Squire and I headed back into the City so I could work on a trial exhibit for a few hours.  Monday is day one of trial.

I got there, and checked in with the head partner.  Pencils down.  Go home.  I had an inkling, but the confirmation felt so good.

The case is (pretty much) over.  No trial after all.  For the first time in nine months, I get my life back again:  We are attending our friends' wedding tomorrow (at the place where we got married three years ago!).  I am scheduling an anniversary dinner with my coworker as our two-year mark at the Firm approaches in October.  I am blogging again.  What's more is that I have a hunch that the bugsies are gone--so we have scheduled a celebration lunch and unpacking for next weekend. Which means that we can host the rescheduled baby shower the weekend after. And I can celebrate my friend's birthday with an art night out the day after that.

I have started a "Freedom List" of things that I want to do in the next eight weeks before Junior arrives.  Things like... finish her papercut collection.  Do a couple papercuts for friends who lost their kids.  Finish our baby registry.  Have dinner with each of Mr. Squire's brothers and their wives.  Make a cover for my snoogle.  Catch up on wedding gifts.  Unpack the apartment and get it ready for Junior.  Sleep in.  Maybe take a vacation, to make up for the one that we had to cancel in August.  Rush a Broadway show--or two.  Go see something at Lincoln Center for the first time.  

This feels really good.  Especially after we unpack, I bet I'm going to feel like a whole new person again.  Stay tuned -- Emdash is back!


No comments:

Post a Comment