Friday, March 4, 2016

Dear Junior

Dear Junior,

We are apart for the first time ever as Mommy goes on a business trip.  Ten days! We sure jumped in with both feet first on this. 

Mommy left on Monday and it is Friday evening.  What a long week it has been.  I'm so grateful that your grandparents (Mommy's parents) came to help Daddy out.  You've been having a lot of fun with them, and it has made me very relieved and happy to see you having fun in my absence.

You've been giving Mommy besos and trying to hug the iPad when we FaceTime.  It breaks my heart but warms it as well.  Thanks for not getting mad at me (yet) for leaving you.  I'll be back within a week.

In the meantime, Mommy has been learning a lot and practicing a lot of trial advocacy skills.  It's been an encouraging week; I'm learning a lot of the things I need to know to do my job well, and I've been seeing what my strengths are in the courtroom.  For the first time, I'm seeing what my gifts are in the courtroom, and I'm really experiencing the fact that God has prepared--and gifted--me for all of this. 

Daddy and I pray that for you all the time: that you would discover the gifts that God has given you and use those gifts to bless others.  It truly brings joy and meaning to life.

I miss you so, so much.  I can't wait to give you a gigantic hug, smother you with besos, and pretty much not let you go when I get home.

Have a great weekend, my little.  Mommy loves you tons.

Love to Junior,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment