Monday, September 9, 2013

Follow-up to Yesterday's Post

Excerpt from a recent email from my dear friend Bumbleberry:
 
"I never worry about your career; you trust in God, and He takes care of you. The scary thing about God's will, I find, is that you have to trust it even if it's not what you want at the moment.  My goofy phrase before law school was that I trusted in God's will because he obviously wanted me to go to Harvard; now it is much more scary, with my last few year's work hanging in the funding balance."
 
Indeed.  I, too, am learning that when the path leads us to places we had not previously envisioned, or planned for -- in other words, when we reach the unexpected hairpin turn that provides no visibility whatsoever as to what lies ahead -- that is when the true test of faith becomes apparent.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment