Thursday, May 29, 2014

It's the Simple Things...

The days of just the two of us are dwindling... and I know (think? hope?) that once Junior makes her appearance, I'll wonder how we ever did without her.  But in the meantime, I'm treasuring all the moments that her dad and I have been enjoying together lately.  Fun memories from just the past week include:
  • Mr. Squire laughing at me as I cried through "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" as we watched Frozen (on Redbox!) for the first time
  • Mr. Squire playing 'Let it Go' and 'I'll Make a Man Out of You'--over, and over, and OVER ad nauseum--and singing along, to my fake chagrin
  • Mr. Squire hiding JJ (my stuffed donkey) and innocently batting his eyelashes in glee as he watched me scurry around the apartment for 30 minutes, whining and hunting for JJ
  • Walks! Evening walks by the river in Brooklyn Bridge Park, morning walks to the train.  And lots of good talks.
  • Cooking together on the weekends...having energy to cook meat, sides, and dessert!
  • Random gchatting throughout the day.  Bits of information here, random hello and funny story there.
I would love to bottle all these memories up and save them somewhere, because inevitably parenthood is going to change our relationship--and I sometimes worry about how much...and how.  But all in all, I'm trusting that we will change with the times and stretch and grow together okay.  I'm trusting that God will answer my many prayers about that concern and that He will honor my desire for an even better, even more loving (and even more fun!) marriage post-kids.  And that makes it easier to keep marching toward November...


No comments:

Post a Comment