Friday, May 2, 2014

Everyone Says "I Love You" in a Different Way

Nice and full  :)
Doggy and JJ, banished from the bed
We named the bigger penguin Jack and the little one Junior - both came as gifts from my brother and sister this week


An unconventional V-day card, but funny because Rascal likes to hide around our tiny apartment to spook me :-p


This weekend, Mr. Squire and a bunch of the men from church are away at a men's retreat.  I'm left to my own devices this weekend and missing my silly rascal.

He knows this, of course, so he left some surprises for me at home to enjoy when I came home from women's group this evening...

Everyone says "I love you" in a different way.  Some guys would leave a bouquet of flowers.  Others would leave a gift card for a favorite apparel shop.  Still others would--oh, I don't know--leave a note on the mirror?

Not so with Mr. Squire.  

When I walked into our bedroom, I found:

  • the froggy humidifier filled and ready to go;
  • the bed made (a miracle! -- this is usually my nightly ritual because he does not understand the point);
  • my eyemask (which he refers to as "my own little world") and my sciatica pillow (which goes between my knees) laid out;
  • three stuffies on the pillow to greet me, including Oi the Ostrich--noticeably without his usual companion, Pi the Penguin--to demonstrate that Pi went with Mr. Squire on the men's retreat (at my repeated urging this morning);
  • my two usual bedtime stuffies, Doggy and JJ (the donkey) hidden away on a closet shelf, so I would have to go looking for them; and
  • a funny Valentine's Day card (the inside says "You can hide in the closet with me!"), with a thoughtful letter inside, two-and-a-half months late.

That's my rascal.  Yup, he loves me -- and he knows just how to say it.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww so wonderful how rascal knows and speaks your love language so well--the language of total ridiculosity!

    ReplyDelete