Thursday, June 26, 2014

Is This What Having a Kid is Like?

I'm not gonna lie... I'm exhausted.  

I worked a really long day today in the middle of a really long week in which I have not been getting enough sleep because somehow I'm in the insomnia stage of pregnancy.  Then I came home, vacuumed the floor and made banana pudding for our dinner guests tomorrow, then did the dishes, and still have to hand-wash some of my clothes.  I decided that I didn't have enough energy to cut the remaining half of the watermelon.  When I say no to cutting watermelon, you know I've reached the end of the line.

This is just one day, and really -- objectively -- it wasn't that bad. 

But mentally, I'm starting to feel more and more worn.  I've been billing 190-220 hours a month, every month, for the last six months.  Haven't had a vacation.  Am preparing for a move (in July), a trial (in September), and a child (in November).  It's just... a lot.

And then Junior is going to come.  And the madness will not stop.  It will hopefully be happy-madness, but it will still be madness.  And chances are high that I will feel the same level of exhaustion as now--but without an end in sight.  Is it okay that in this moment, that does not excite me? In fact, it scares me?

That is all.  I think I need to go to sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment