Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The First Day

Was awesome! I actually met 80% of the office yesterday at the boss's house; he had invited everyone and our families over for dinner.  It was a wonderful way to meet people so that on Monday, a lot of faces looked familiar.  

It definitely feels like this is what I'm supposed to be doing. It's like climbing a mountain and looking over the vista and feeling such a sense of rightness and satisfaction.  I am so, so, SO thankful for this -- for the manageable hours (I was home in time to bring Junior to storytime at the library!), for the meaningful work, for the amazing work environment (seriously, I've never met a nicer group).  It's just incredible.

I've finished reading Deuteronomy, and am back in Joshua, where Joshua and the Israelites are about to cross into the Promised Land.  Deuteronomy held strong warnings for Israel, and for me:  do not forget the Lord your God when you enter the Promised Land.  Do not bow down to false idols.  Serve the Lord and worship Him only.  Love the Lord your God with all your soul, heart, and strength--and it will go well with you and those after you.

I know how easy it is to forget God--even after He has accomplished so great a victory.  I'm not talking about the Promised Land; I'm talking about Christ's salvation.  And how much more easy it is to forget Him after lesser (but still great) victories.  Praying against any forgetting of the journey that brought us here, and any forgetting of the Lord of our lives as we press forth in joy and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment