Monday, January 5, 2015

Lullabies for Junior

I was never much of a composer, but when it comes to putting Junior to sleep, the lyrics and tunes just seem to come naturally.  The latest is:

G  -  E   F  -  D
Sleepy, squirmy

F   -  D      G      E - C
Squirmy, and sleepy

G   -  E   F - D
Sleepy, squirmy

E    F -    D    G    E   -   C
It's naptime for Bathands

I have 55 more days of leave with my little one, and I plan to savor each one.  Right now she is napping in her crib in her little cat suit, and I am celebrating the victory of having successfully lulling her to sleep.  

I'm camped out with my laptop on the bed next to her crib, with the window shades open and the sun shining outside.  Earlier, she was napping in my arms on the couch, and Mr. Squire was tapping away on his computer, working next to us.  And I just thought -- things don't get better than this.  Life is so good.  God's been so good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment