Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Why Would You Scratch Her Eyes?

I keep forgetting to post this, but it is one of the funniest things that happened during Junior's first few days with us.

In my sleep-deprived state, I composed an email to myself (through my work email, on my iPhone) during the wee hours of one morning while nursing at home.  Junior was only three days old then, and I was composing a list of questions for our pediatrician, whom we were going to visit the next morning.

Soon after sending the email to myself, however, I realized in horror that I had not sent to myself (ESquire), but to a colleague (ESomeone Else, another associate at the Firm).  So I quickly sent a mea culpa email to ESomeone Else and apologized.  The email I got back from ESomeone Else was hilarious.  The thread is below:

-------

From: ESomeone Else
Date: November 14, 2014, 9:49:56 AM EST
To: ESquire
Subject: RE:


No worries!  Responses in ALL CAPS below.  Haha.

While I have you guys, CONGRATULATIONS!!  I can see you guys are already getting the hang of this parenting thing.  I want to see pictures of Junior!

-----Original Message-----
From: Squire, E
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 2:14 AM
To: SomeoneElse, E
Subject: Re:


Sorry E! Wrong email address. :( questions for pediatrician tomm.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 14, 2014, at 1:47 AM, Squire, E wrote:

Spit up after feeding? I DO THAT WHEN I DON'T LIKE THE FOOD...

Using finger to pacify ok? JUST CLEAN YOUR FINGER BY WIPING IT ON YOUR JEANS FIRST

Scratching eyes WHY WOULD YOU SCRATCH HER EYES?

Chewing hands and hands inside of sleeves I CHEW MY HANDS WHEN I AM NERVOUS AND I PUT MY HANDS INSIDE MY SLEEVES WHEN THEY ARE COLD.  I THINK JUNIOR IS NERVOUS AND COLD

Coughing? Often after feeding ITS WINTER TIME, AIR IS DRY, I AM SURE THEY MUST HAVE BABY COUGH DROPS

How much formula is too much in light of comparing how much colostrum comes out?  THIS SEEMS LIKE MATH, PASS

No comments:

Post a Comment