Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gratitude for the Day

1.  Spring is here!  Well...actually, for today at least, pre-summer is here!  It will be 78 degrees sometime this afternoon, according to the weather forecast.  While I love winter, I also love spring because in every budding branch and blooming flower, we see renewal of life.  What once appeared dead and lifeless revives once again.  We don't have to look far to prove that God indeed makes all things new.

2.  I slept for ten hours last night.  Mr. Squire didn't have to get up until 7:30 this morning because he's getting a blood test done, so we slept an extra 90 minutes and it was good.  I could have slept another 2 hours, but I'll take the ten.  :)  Pretty awesome.

3.  I find myself worrying a lot about the future.  It's not what I'm supposed to be doing, and I am becoming more acutely aware of my tendency to worry and agonize over issues that haven't even materialized (but exist in my prescient imagination).  So...the worrying part is not the thing I'm grateful for, but the increasing awareness of it is--because I think that through the increasing awareness, God is teaching me to trust Jesus more and more.  Lessons from God are good, and I like the feeling that He is active in my life.  So I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment