Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Long Farewell: Magic Rushmore

He was one of my first (and closest) friends in BigLaw, and always one of my greatest supporters.  He worked down the hall from me our first year, and I was always popping by his office to say hi and chat for a few minutes.  In my moments of doubt, he always had a word of encouragement to share.  In my moments of victory, he always said, "Of course you did well."  

I was sad when he left our firm to go clerk on the West Coast, because I thought he wouldn't come back.  But he eventually did come back, and we continued to see each other from time to time. 

We both shared the same goal of becoming federal prosecutors one day.  I hope he makes it; he'd be great at it.

We met for lunch one last time yesterday, at Butter.  We caught up on everything at work.  I shared pictures of Junior.  I heard about how his girlfriend is doing, and he asked about how Mr. Squire is doing.  We hugged goodbye.

It'll be another long while before I see my friend Magic Rushmore again.  But hopefully not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment