Friday, August 7, 2015

The Long Goodbye: A Good Word from Unicorn Jackie

Jackie and I were in a small group together, and I always kind of viewed her like a little sister.  A very little sister.  She has come to me for advice about everything from dating, to choosing a career, to cooking on a budget, to establishing a budget, to deciding whether to lead a small group.

Today, she sent me the following email.  Short, but sweet, and so meaningful and appreciated:

I'm sad that you're leaving New York, but I am also glad that you're prioritizing spending more time with family over your job :D You made a great choice.
Jackie

I'm sad that I'm leaving New York, too.  I'm sad that I'm leaving behind so very many dear friends who are like family.  

At the same time, I know it's right to prioritize my family over my job (although, in the end, it seems that I got the dream job I've wanted all along after all, just in a place I never imagined going to).  It is a great choice--but no one has ever phrased it that way to me before, and the affirmation is encouraging.


No comments:

Post a Comment