Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Day 31: Phriday Girls

Today was all about my Phriday girls.  Met up with Rachel, whom I'd been discipling for about two years. We met for some super-delicious scones and tea at Alice's Tea Cup, one of my early favorite NYC spots.  And we just talked and caught up. Not so much about me leaving (to my relief, since it's weird talking about myself and our move all the time), but just catching up in general and engaging in our usual deep discussions about everything from marriage, to our women's group, to church, to faith, to our journey.  It was good.

Then more time with the larger Phriday group, together with Junior.  The time was short, and it wasn't all that different from our usual dinners together before study during the last two years. And that's what made it great: it was just another dinner together, like old times.  Except that it wasn't: it was on a Tuesday instead of a Friday. And it would be our last together for a while. But still good. So many treasured memories with these women.

Mr. Squire came home after his husbands group, and he bore a gift that I guess the Phriday girls didn't have a chance to give me when Junior and I left so that Junior could go home and go to sleep.  A big binder filled with long, heartfelt letters from many of my sisters, and lots of pictures of favorite memories.  What love!  What friendship.  What a blessing this chapter has been.  Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that this would be my greatest legacy and memory from my time in New York.  God truly works in ways we cannot see.

I love my sisters, my Phriday phriends.  The words you have said to me, I repeat to you: I know Jesus loves me...and He loves me so much that He gave me you.

No comments:

Post a Comment