Thursday, June 13, 2013

To the Finish Line!

We have nine schooldays left to go in this four-year marathon.  Mr. Squire took a mental health day today, and it shows:  when I came home, he was at the ready to talk about his day, explain all the fun things he's doing with the stock market, and even look at my trial schedule (tentatively on for trial beginning December 9!...but we'll see).  This is a glimpse of what the future holds, I suppose.

I am getting used to the idea of leaving teaching behind.  I still hold out hope that we aren't leaving it for good, but I am convinced that this is the right choice, at least for now.  There is no point to suffer for suffering's sake.  That's something that I--who often am perhaps too eager to throw myself into and endure the fire--need to learn.  The Lord doesn't require sacrifice; He requires obedience, whether through the valley or a high mountain.  

I'm thankful for all the people who have prayed us through these past few months (and years!)...who have patiently listened through all the ups and downs and the trail of tears along the way.  I have truly experienced the power of prayer from the receiving end, and it is pretty amazing.  It's funny:  as one who is usually on the giving side of prayer, I have long been convinced that prayer "works" in that God answers prayer and listens to our pleas.  But experiencing the effects of prayer from this side--that is, being the one who is too weak and tired and worn to pray any longer for oneself... this has also convinced me that prayer "works," in a way I've never felt before.  I'm still learning about how You work, Lord.

* * *

In other news, below are photos from my walk in Brooklyn Bridge Park last night.  God has given us a beautiful place in which to live during our first three years of marriage.  We are blessed every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment