Monday, July 15, 2013

A New Day

Mercifully, Mr. Squire's period of gimpiness is more or less over.  He still limps around and needs to ice his foot on a daily basis, but he can walk.  Ms. Grumbly Grumbledore has left the building--and just in time for the work schedule to pick up like crazy.  

Mr. Squire does well to point out that since starting this job, it has really only been very-very-busy about 30% of the time.  70% of the time, it has been manageable.  Sometimes that perspective brings me solace and calms me down.  But mostly, when I'm in the 30% part of the pie, I just want to quit.  Something tells me that this is not the right long-term place for me to be.  

But, as I've been saying, it is the right place for me to be right now.  I continue to believe that.  I continue to be encouraged by the friendships I have in the office.  And one of the secretaries is even coming to church with me on Sunday!  And purely on a skills level, I am learning a lot day by day.  It is a good place for me to be, even though the growing hurts sometimes.  So on the whole, I am thankful.

In other news, the Squires and nine other friends have officially formed New Hope, and today is the day that we wired in our chunk of change to fund our very first real estate purchase.  We continue to pray for God's help and guidance, knowing that if He does not build this project from the ground up, it will crumble and burn.  We must entrust this wholly to His power, and both lean and walk with Him.  

As stated in Article 1.5 of our Operating Agreement, our LLC's Operating Agreement, "the Company shall operate according to the following set of values, holding in balance these complementary principles:  
Justice (Deuteronomy 10:18, Jeremiah 9:24) and Shalom (Psalm 85:10)
Stewardship (Matthew 25:1-30, Proverbs 3:27-30) and Grace (Ephesians 2:4-10, Matthew 5:38-42)
Hospitality (Hebrews 13:2, I Peter 4:9-10, Deuteronomy 10:18-19) and Community (Acts 2:44, Ecclesiastes 4:19-12)."

May we be faithful to these values that God impressed upon our hearts.  Correction:  may we be faithful to Him who placed these values upon our hearts, and revealed those aspects of Himself to us.  And may we reflect His love and His broader story of love for all people--including concern for the poor, foreigners, and aliens among us.  It's a new day in the life of the Squires (and friends)--I'm looking forward to what new hope it brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment