Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another Hard Day

Let's try  something new, though...

It was a hard day. But before I complain, let me name ten things for which I am thankful:

1. I am healthy.  This would be ten times harder if I were sick or ailing in any way.

2. Mr. Squire is off of work.  This automatically alleviates extra stress, and it means that I get extra perks, like him walking me to work in the mornings, which makes me very happy.

3.  I got more money for my Superstorm Sandy client yesterday.  I've secured more than $33,000 for him so far.  Yay!   He had tears in his eyes and was speechless when I shared the news with him.  He said that he and his family had been struggling to make ends meet, but maybe God was looking out for him after all.  It was a beautiful moment when I was able to assure him that, "I may not know many things, but this I do know: God IS looking out for you.  Look at your name!" (he has a Hebrew name that clearly reflects his status as one of God's original chosen people.)

4.  I got to pray with a colleague at work today.  What a blessing to have a sister at work!

5.  I was able to walk to Union Square after work today and spend some time in prayer after  along and difficult day.  Thirty minutes of walking therapy. Yay.

6.  When I panicked about something today, the partner was very gracious, which I appreciated.  That graciousness was just what I needed.

7.  It's a dear friend's birthday today.  And he's coming to stay with us for three days in September (visiting from Hong Kong)!  I'm so excited.  We have been friends for eight years and he has seen me through LOTS of drama. He is a true brother.

8.  I am eating a delicious batch of watermelon that Mr. Squire brought home for me yesterday.  It is very delicious.  The first half of what I ate didn't taste like much because I was still destressing.  But now it's starting to taste very good, which much mean I am beginning to relax.

9.  I must realize that I have the luxury of options.  So many people in the world do not.  

10.  I get to go to sleep now.  And there are only two more weekdays in this week (which is kind of frightening, given the amount of work that I have to do).

... and oddly enough, I do feel a bit better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment