Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend


Our Fourth of July weekend was rather active, considering Mr. Squire's sprained foot.  We:

  • Attended a wedding on July 4th (hence the great view of the Macy's fireworks spectacular pictured here)
  • Went to the doctor to check on Mr. Squire's foot and received reassurance that he is healing well.  He can begin trying to hobble tomorrow, and should be walking again within two weeks.
  • Did spring cleaning at home, cleansing our little 400 square-foot abode of unnecessary objects.  
  • Played several rounds of Rumis, a game he received at our friend Ernie's birthday party this year.  Mr. Squire beats me at every game.  I don't understand.
  • Made tiramisu...well, I made tiramisu.  Mr. Squire cut open the packages of ladyfingers for me.  (And yet he claimed that I was his sous chef!)
  • Went to Jersey to spend time with his family.  It was so much fun to watch Mr. Squire play with Aidan--trick him, trap him, make him giggle and wonder.  I know he's going to be an amazing dad!
  • Watched "Mulan" on Netflix.  It's one of Mr. Squire's favorite movies, and it was hilarious to watch him break into song, singing along with his favorite parts of the movie.  I even caught some of it on video.

The best part of the weekend was talking late into the night with Mr. Squire every night.  I was totally exhausted at the end of every day, because I continue to bear the full physical burden of everything we do at home (and we live on the fifth floor of a walkup, a half-mile walk from everything...I think you can imagine the rest).  So all I really wanted to do was fall asleep and sleep for a long time...except when Mr. Squire kept talking... and then all I wanted to do was stay up and keep chatting.  We're coming up on our second anniversary soon, but I think we are still in the honeymoon phase.  I'm not complaining! 




No comments:

Post a Comment