Monday, March 18, 2013

Gratitude for the Day

1.  Snow, snow, beautiful snow!  (see photo)  God really knew what He was doing when He made such glorious stuff.  And when I walked home in it, arm in arm with Mr. Squire tonight, I thought...nothing in the world could be better.

2.  Mercy at work.  Today was the first day in three weeks that I was able to come home and have dinner with Mr. Squire (before putting in another hour of work).  We went out for Five Guys and split a burger and fries for $6.83.  It's the simple pleasures in life.

3.  Encouragement from THREE different sources that God is my boss, not man.  One came from an early morning email from one of my prayer partners, who is not yet a believer but an active seeker.  The second came during my morning devotional - Matthew Henry's commentary on Isaiah 23.  The third came from an email from Wendy, a friend from church.  

4. Picking March Madness brackets in connection with the Ethiopia Clean Water project.


No comments:

Post a Comment