Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stopping By to Say...

It's been a rough few days around here...
work work work work work work work
followed by
work work work work work work work work work work
plus
feeling behind on other untouched
work work work work work work work
more than a few frustrated tears
forgetting keys and having to wake Mr. Squire up at midnight to unlock the door for me
the constant space-cadet-ish bubble-around-my-head-type-of-tired feeling
not falling asleep
not staying asleep (thanks, neighbors who like to march about on hardwood floors in the early morning)
dreaming bad dreams
or just dreams about
work work work work work work work work work work
something tells me
this isn't what we're made for
but that holy grail
which I've been seeking
praying for
asking for
waiting for
still isn't in front of me
so until then
I find...
reasons to praise
reasons to thank
reasons to be joyful
a loving and understanding husband who makes me laugh even on the worst of days
a wonderful colleague who is undergoing the same misery and understands
a boss who is mindful and makes sure I know he says thank you
a secretary who juggles the constant asks I issue
employment, so hard to find these days
a late-night conversation with mom
on the ride home from work
the joy of the Lord
is
my
strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment