Monday, March 25, 2013

Gratitude for the Day

1.  It snowed for the better part of the day, and my office has two huge windows, so I actually got to enjoy it.  I love snow!

2.  I slept in until 8:20am (instead of rising at 6:05am) because Mr. Squire is on spring break.  We had gone to bed at 9:45 the night before, so I was in bed for almost 11 hours. So luxurious.  Rest is a blessing.

3.  Took advantage of the fact that most of the partners left work early for Passover...and snuck home to meet Mr. Squire for the Monday night pre-fixe special at Buttermilk Channel.  We rarely indulge in expensive meals (this was $28/person!), but this was a really special treat, and we had a blast.  It was a 1.5-mile walk each way, so we had a chance to talk and laugh and catch up on the day.  Dinner was amazing.  Usually I am relatively unimpressed at New York restaurant food because it is overhyped and too unusual for the sake of simply being unusual.  Buttermilk Channel was not so:  it was creative but not overly so, and so, so, SO delicious.  And the waitstaff were SO nice, which made a big difference (and they even packed away some extra cole slaw for us because we loved it so much!).  The pecan pie sundae was over the top, but...I still ate the whole thing. We just had a really enjoyable time.  When Mr. Squire is on break, he's a totally different person, and I appreciate having my fun-loving, care-free Mr. Squire back.  :)  The whole way home, as we walked 1.5 miles back in the rain, Mr. Squire had me guess what snacks he had bought from Costco today. It took me about 20 minutes to guess it right, but we had a lot of fun laughing at all the wrong guesses.  That's one of my best memories from today - walking along with my favorite person, guessing what snacks he thoughtfully bought for his honey.  (Btw - it was Pirate's Booty Cheese Puffs!)

4.  Here are three things that God has been teaching me these past few weeks:

God is my boss, not man.  It is essential that I get this straight at work.

I'm not good at handling the unexpected, particularly at work.  Mr. Squire pointed this out to me. Somehow, knowing that has helped me confront it.

I shouldn't be afraid to speak my mind about legal issues at work; it's what they're paying me for.  I may have shrunk back since law school, but it's time to rise in confidence again.


No comments:

Post a Comment