Sunday, June 21, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 13

  • Father's Day!  Mr. Squire enjoyed his photobook and card from Junior, and another card from Mommy.  :)  And I enjoyed celebrating the best daddy ever.
  • Called my own dad today.  Thankful for the extra years with him and for all the ways in which he has shown me love and support this year.
  • Our friends J & V welcomed their son into the world today!  So fitting for Father's Day.
  • We dedicated Junior at church today, answering "Yes, with the Lord's help" to the following call:
Do you receive your children as gifts from God; to promise to raise them in the knowledge and wisdom of the Lord; to model for them godly living, personal relationship with the Lord and the seeking and submission to his will;  to offer unconditional love;  to provide a safe place for them to explore faith; to pray for your children frequently and when possible daily; to offer them back to the Lord when he calls you to?
  • Went on a walk with Mr. Squire and Junior this morning.  It was really hot outside.  But we enjoyed ourselves and met more neighbors, and took a nice break to do some people-watching by the river.  I'm trying to make it a habit.  I was also really grateful for Mr. Squire coming along.  He really doesn't enjoy walking at all, but he has been accompanying me on these walks with Junior at my request because it gives us good quality time together. 
  • I just looked outside and it is POURING.  Like...absolutely pouring, with wind and everything.  I love it, because I'm not outside.  :)
  • Got extra rest this morning... Junior woke up (again) at 630 and refused to go back to sleep, and I played with her for a good hour until she finally fell back asleep.  And then I fell asleep until 10.  Mr. Squire didn't get to play ball because of it :(   but I appreciated his selflessness in helping me get more sleep.
  • Snuggles with Junior at church! She fell asleep while I was ergoing her again.  I loooove having her sleep on me.
  • Watched Junior eat a strawberry today. She got it all over the towel she was sitting on...her shirt (which also featured a strawberry)...her hair...her toes...her face...her EARS... it was amazing.  
  • Made my little adrenaline junkie smile a lot as I whooooshed her upside down over and over.
  • Our neighbors J&A dropped off some of the lemon ricotta pancakes A made for J for Father's Day.  :)
  • Mr. Squire's parents came over and went to church with us for the baby dedication, and they enjoyed my carrot cake. We also had dinner together.
  • Just...feeling lots of joy and thankfulness.  The weekend was relaxing and RICH with lots of time with my hobey and Batty.  More of these, please! And so thankful for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment