Sunday, June 14, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 7

  • A beautiful Sunday morning walk with my girl.  It's become a tradition:  Mr. Squire stays with Batty on Sunday mornings until Mommy feels as if she has gotten enough sleep (or close to it), then Mommy takes over and takes Batty on a walk as Daddy goes to play basketball with the guys.  We usually walk to the track and back, and I point out the usual sights (these days, endless bushes blazing with roses of all shades of pink, adorable goslings waddling around, bicyclists, dogs, and other babies) and sounds (inevitably, helicopter after helicopter, planes, the ferries, and birds warbling in the trees).  I also have taken to sitting on a bench under a tree, facing the river, and sitting Junior on my knee to play and watch passersby at the end of the walk.  I've lived by four different rivers in the last decade, and always liked the idea of sitting by the river and being quiet, but I never do it.  Having a kid is forcing me to slow down, and I like it.
  • Leftover scones from yesterday, with spicy sausage (another Sunday tradition) and runny eggs.  And watermelon.  And popsicles.  We eat well in this house.
  • Missions meeting with great sisters.  It's always encouraging to meet and hear about how God is moving in various pockets of the city and world.  I'm also challenged to ponder what mission God is giving us/me.  
  • On that note...had some good prayer time today on the walk.  Junior badly needed a nap, and she loves cat-napping in the stroller.  Sometimes I pray out loud with her anyway when she is awake, but I tend to save some of my heavier prayers for when she is asleep. It's a little early to burden her with some of the heavy stuff.  Anyway, had some good conversation with God.  And also started praying for Batty and her role as a sister -- whether we have additional children or not, I pray she would be a good sister to whomever God gives her -- that she would be wise, present, loving, kind, life-giving, and loyal.
  • Snuggle time with my girl. And tickle-time. And some selfies because she kept reaching for my phone.
  • Praise and worship... words that come from the soul:  Standing on this mountaintop, looking just how far we've come, knowing that for every step You were with us.  Kneeling on this battleground, seeing just how much you've done, knowing every victory was your power in us... Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are FAITHFUL, God, You are FAITHFUL.
Oh God, You are my God, and I will ever praise You. I will seek You in the morning, and I will learn to walk in Your ways, and step by step, You'll lead me, and I will follow You all of my days.
  • Reminders that Jesus is the Word, and the Word gives LIFE, and the Word shines LIGHT in the darkness.  He has never left us.  He is guiding us.  He will have His way.  We can trust Him.
  • No calls from work, which means I got my entire weekend!  And all the staff did too.   :)

I am entering this coming week refreshed and encouraged, and reminded of God's sovereignty in our lives.  He is faithful -- and I am His daughter.  Those are two messages I'm getting over and over again.  Walking into the week with my soul lifted high, boasting that He is Lord, and He exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on the earth -- for in these things He delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment