Monday, June 15, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 8

  • A little bit of time with my girl...not as much as I'd like.  But I did get some.  This morning, she stopped nursing all of a sudden, and looked at me with her intent, curious eyes.  She just stared into my eyes, and stared and stared...and then she broke out into a big grin.  And my heart melted.  
  • Thankful for decently okay rest even though Junior seems to be sleep-regressing again... Daddy's morning takeover sure helps, otherwise I'd be up starting at 5:30 in the morning...
  • Time to finish my big resume review for this week's interview.
  • Time with our nephew and niece, and Mr. Squire's parents, and Junior... we all sat on the floor and read A Color of His Own (one of my favorites) and No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (one of Mr. Squire's favorites) together.  If we end up moving away, we'll miss this, among other things.
  • Cooler weather after the afternoon rain.  I went out to buy a book at lunch (that in itself never happens -- leaving the office during lunch? Or ever? Must have been a really slow day...), and it was sweltering and humid outside.  I was pleasantly surprised to find myself shivering on the way home.
  • I forgot to bring an avocado for my salad, so Mr. Squire (who happened to be meeting a younger brother for lunch in the city) brought that and fresh chicken from Costco to me at the office!   :)
  • Watermelon...strawberries...white peaches...summer fruit from Costco.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment