Sunday, June 28, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly

the beautiful landscape of Wisconsin. Fields. Farms. Red barns. Trees popping out of vast green expanses. Lake Michigan. The horizon and the sun, meeting at the end of the day. I love this place. How I love this place, and the opportunity to share it with my girl. 

Home again, and thankfully with harmony at home. It is always a total crapshoot, but babies have a tendency to make things better. Or seem better. The days have been joyful so far for everyone. 

Kopps fish sandwich and frozen custard. Yum yum yum. 

Walks with my girl, acquainting her with the quiet serenity and rhythm of life in the Midwest. What a heritage to have. As tough as some parts of my upbringing were, having survived them, I am so so thankful for the privilege of being raised amidst such beauty and with this quiet, humble rhythm. 

No work yet. Thankful for three days of real vacation so far. 

Extra time laughing and eating and hanging out with my girl, my Hobey, and my parents. Real joy and real gratitude. 

Watching my mom love Junior. She really pours out the love to her, and I am grateful. 

My parents' cooking. Familiar and delicious.

Costco run with Hobey, who introduced it to my parents. He even knew to describe it as a building with a red stripe, something I had never noticed. His affinity for Costco never fails to amuse me.

Hobey did a rerun of Jamie Bond for my parents to see, and they laughed almost as hard as I did. I love the Jamie Bond routine and how much fun Junior has with it. And I was thankful for my parents getting to see a glimpse of what a great dad mr squire is. If only they could see a smidgen of what I see. 

Lots of love from the home church--people who have known me since I was just four or five. They were all excited to meet junior. 

Great weather here. So thankful. 

Reviewing old pictures of junior as we get ready to erase pix from mr squire's phone. Always fun to review where we've been together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment