Monday, June 22, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 14

  • Good reunion with the fellow clerks and judge this evening.  Thankful to be able to go, and thankful for a great group of colleagues.  And thankful for all the love that she received.
  • Thankful for Mr. Squire bringing Junior into the City for me again. He's such a good daddy. And husband.
  • Snuggles with my girl this morning.  She woke up at 6 to nurse, and then I just stayed with her.  She's in the phase where she just examines her hands slowly...front...back...back...front...back... she is fascinated by it.  And I am fascinated by her.  What a privilege, to watch her grow up!
  • Good day at work.  Worked well, and took joy in my work.
  • Met my colleague's daughter Jilly today.  She's a couple months older than Junior, and I got to hold her.  I was never the person asking to hold a baby... but now I totally get it. And I want to hold them all. 
  • Snuggles with my girl in the ergo at the Judge's place tonight. So grateful that she took a nap, because she needed one.  Even more grateful that she fell asleep on Mommy.  :) Looking down at my sleeping girl resting against me...best feeling ever.
  • Call-back interview in Florida.  A whirlwind of activity -- canceling my DC interview, book flights to Tampa on Friday, when I originally had a train booked for DC... this is all happening so fast.  This truly makes me humble and brings me to my knees.  It all feels like a rush, and I totally feel like I'm in the middle of the ocean, wondering how the current pulled me out so far, so fast.  I'm a little bit scared, I confess.  I worry about yanking my entire family into an entirely different setting, and ... what if it's not what I expected it to be?  We have covered this in prayer, and we will cover it in more prayer.  Lord, please guide our steps all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment