Friday, June 26, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 17 and 18

17 
  • Mr. Squire's mom came to help watch Junior overnight so I could got to sleep early and Mr. Squire could meet with the husbands group.  She is generous with her love and time and energy.  That's something that I really value and admire in Mr. Squire's parents.
  • Thankful for Mr. Squire meeting with the husbands group.  I know he ministers to the guys, and that these meetings have helped build up the other marriages.  It is encouraging to see Mr. Squire mentoring other men.
  • I got to meet up with two dear sisters (L&R), my prayer partners, over lunch.  We hadn't met in a long while, as L was studying for her CFA exam and traveling afterward, and R has been busy juggling work and school.  And I...well, I always bring my lunch bc I work through the lunch hour. But we all made it and enjoyed an hour of catchup time.
  • Had fun making Junior smile in the mirror.  I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her, but I was able to make her slowly appear in and out of view in the mirror.  She loves that game, and I love watching her smile and get excited.
18
  • Lots of answered prayers...was able to fall asleep at 9:30, and sleep (with only one nursing session in between) until 3:30 to get up and catch a 6am flight to Tampa.  No travel hiccups on the way there, which allowed me to get there in plenty of time for my five-hour interview.  
Boo on having to pump in public bathroom stalls in the airports.  But...yay for a portable pump? And that I was able to retrieve all my batteries at 5:30am from the neighboring stalls after the battery pack split open and my eight batteries went everywhere in the Newark airport?  And that my pump didn't die when it slipped off the sink and set off the motion sensor and got wet in the Tampa airport (morning session)? And that no one yelled at me for tying up a stall for ten minutes straight in the Tampa airport (afternoon session)?  Lactation rooms, people! We need them!

  • Sufficient energy for the interviews, and words to say, and an overall positive experience.  I have some concerns, but am so thankful for the opportunity.  God is working...I'm still not exactly sure what to do, but I know He is working.
  • Rediscovered the joy listening to music on my iPod on the plane. I haven't just sat to enjoy my favorite tunes in a long, long, LONG time.  I went back and played a bunch of the songs I used to play to pump myself up for the bar exam. :)
  • Had a great conversation with my sister K after my interviews.  She and Big Brother have been faithfully praying for us every day.  I am really thankful for her and for our relationship, which has blossomed beautifully in recent years. And I get to see her tomorrow!
  • My mom sent me Jeremiah 29:11-12, 14, and my brother Timmy sent me verse 13 separately by text.  Together, they read:
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the Lord . . .

I'm certain that this "coincidence" was a message from God, and I was moved that He would pay this much attention to me.  Reassurance that He has a plan.  Affirmation that His is a good plan.  Exhortation to seek Him with my whole heart.  Encouragement that I will find Him.  I must meditate on these things, as the message could not be more clear.

  • ​FaceTime with Mr. Squire and Junior while waiting for my homeward bound plane to get over its "mechanical issues with the navigation system" (eek!).  Mr. Squire made Junior laugh a bunch of times, and hearing her laugh made my heart sing.  And passing the time with them was way better than grumbling my way through the extra hour delay.  I'm so thankful for my hobey and ducky.
  • ​Happy reunion with Mr. Squire and our ducky.  
  • Good reflection time and journaling time on the plane.  The quiet and stillness was really good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment