Saturday, June 13, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 6

  • Made it to women's retreat!  No emergency papers to be compiled for Monday morning filing (as of yet).  Enjoyed some time with the women at church, which was a blessing.
  • Time with my girl! Not as much due to the women's retreat, but she woke up at 5:30 and I stayed with her when she wouldn't go back to sleep.  Usually Mr. Squire takes care of her in the morning so I can sleep, but it was a weekend, and I wanted to hang out with her since I was going to be gone for most of the day. And though I didn't get any sleep (and had to ask Mr. Squire for relief at 8), I was richly rewarded with hearing her delightful gurgles and vocalizations, and watching her bat her froggy around in bed.  She is so much fun.
  • When I came back from retreat, she was ready and awake for playtime with Mommy.  I snuggled with her, nursed her, and made her giggle a bunch of times by pretending to eat her little arms and torso.  Again:  she is so much fun.
  • Mr. Squire's littlest brother came over to cook dinner for us!  Love seeing him and his gf, and I appreciate their heart and appreciation for Batty.  And I got some baking on: made scones for them to take with them tomorrow morning before their matches.
  • Thankful for central air. First summer with it! It's awesome.
  • Thankful for a pretty carefree day.  These days are pretty few and far between, so I'm always thankful for them when they come.
  • Beautiful evening walk along the river with Mr. Squire and Bathands.  The path is bursting with roses, and we saw the three Canadian goslings strutting around. Their heads are still yellow, though their bodies are not. But their little feathers are SO fluffy...just want to pet them.  The breeze was wonderful, and we had some good talks and laughs along the way.  An excellent way to pass the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment