Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 15

  • Real parenting moments...not just making my girl laugh or smile.  Not just plunking piano keys with her.  Not just watching her play on the floor or reading to her.  Not just typical childcare stuff (as precious as it is) like bathtime or dressing or feeding.  Real parenting:  comforting your inconsolable, screaming baby for 40 minutes.  Like...would not stop crying, and not sure why (hopefully teething).  All the usual tricks didn't work:  flipping, patting, rocking, nursing, singing the special Bathands song...none of that worked.  Just...praying and comforting through 40 long minutes.  With patience and love that could only have come from God.  That is an answer to our daily prayers for wisdom, love, patience, and energy to shepherd our girl.  And I am thankful that He provided and that I wasn't working--so I was able to comfort my girl.  That's why we're switching jobs, ya'll...for the 40 minutes of comforting that screaming, precious child.
  • A potential conflict issue meant I had to let the cat out of the bag about Florida to some partners today at work.  They were really fantastic and supportive about it, and I couldn't be more grateful.  Another reminder of the amazing people I've been working with.  
  • Didn't get caught in the rain too badly on the way home.  Good thing, bc I didn't have an umbrella!
  • Survived the day on like 3.5 hours of sleep.  Total insomniac last night. Hopefully tonight is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment