Monday, July 6, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 28

  • Hands-down best part of the day was watching Junior blow raspberries at dinner.  She's very much in the early exploring days of eating food, so she ends up completely covered in cereal and veggies... all over the face... hands... arms... dribbling down the neck... all the websites say it's just a healthy stage of infant development, so I let it be and give thanks for the $6 wipeable tablecloth I found at Kmart on vacation.  It makes a great splat mat!  Today when she was blowing raspberries, we started counting how many times she did it...and she started blowing raspberries after every count! All the way up to 19. And then she stopped.  It was hilarious.
  • Another favorite Junior memory: I was just finishing up at work when Daddy texted five pictures to me...all featuring Junior in an empty diaper box.  She is so dang cute in those pictures.  :)
  • Nice weather today. A little hot in the morning, but not too humid in the afternoon. And I had a good commute both ways, which I was thankful for.
  • Thanks to a very ironic conflict issue, I had to disclose to certain partners at my firm that I'm a candidate for the position I interviewed for last week in Palmtreeville.  What are the chances that on the very day I get a call-back interview from one of the 90+ districts in the country, I also get put on a case in which my client was investigated by that very same district??! Anyway.  It is now a relief to have it out in the open, and today I appreciated those partners checking in to see how the interview went, and their well wishes and hearty support.  Much better than skulking around creeping off to interviews!
  • In other news, I got an offer for that non-attorney job at the big bank today. I'm pretty sure I'm going to reject it...although the salary and benefits are much better than what I'm gunning for down in Palmtreeville.  I'm thankful that Mr. Squire seems to have the same conviction I do.
  • A good, productive day at work.  I was really productive.  And I had time and space to be productive, which made me really happy.  Quiet, productive days at work make me happy.
  • Good quiet time after putting Batty to bed.  Mr. Squire had it too.  I appreciate these new habits, and the relief of meeting with God at the end of the day.
For all these things, and more, I give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment