Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly

some of the things I am thankful for from the past couple days:

-we told our pastor about our upcoming move. He said he was sad to hear it and that lots of people have been praying for us, and he trusted us, so all he could do was give me a hug. I started to cry. And we gave thanks that we have a bond that makes leaving so hard. Our church family here has been a tremendous source of growth and healing over the past many years. 

-we circled for parking numerous times on Sunday. On circle two, I prayed with junior for God to provide parking. On circle three, a man standing outside his car, smoking, waved us over to give us his spot. He said he had seen us circle the second time, and he waited to see if we came back so he could give us his spot. Then he pulled into some illegal spot ahead and continued smoking. I kind of think he may have been an angel. A smoking angel. 

-I came home last night to find daddy and junior on the floor in the hallway. When I opened the door, junior saw me and got very excited, grinning and kicking her legs. Then she eagerly crawled to me and into my arms. Best. Feeling. Ever. 

-these nights, junior wakes up to nurse at least three times--usually at midnight, at 3 or 4, and 6 or 7. Each time, she comes to me all eager to nurse, and by the end she is satisfied and so very asleep. I carry her back to the crib and look down at her peaceful, slumbering face, and I just want to play and replay those moments forever. One day in the not-so-distant future I will get sleep back again. But these sweet moments with my baby girl will be long gone. I'm enjoying them while I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment