Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 30

Wow...thirty days of Learning to Walk Humbly have passed.  I'm not sure I feel more humble.  I feel more grateful, that's for sure. And I do feel more centered on God and more comfortable with not knowing what lies ahead.  

Let's see for today...

  • grateful for a little bit of time with Junior before I left for work really early in the morning.  I skipped my morning shower in exchange for 20 extra minutes with Batty.  She usually is sleeping at 7AM, but not today.  :)  She fell asleep right after I left. Excellent timing.  We shared some smiles and I enjoyed watching her examine her hands and roll onto her stomach and get into crawling position.  Her head is really soft, too...all that hair coming in.  She's so much fun, and I love her so much.  
  • I appreciated Marietta, my motherly figure at work, asking about Junior. I said it was really hard to leave Junior in the morning. To which Marietta responded, "oh, she's okay.  she say, 'I understand, Mommy -- it's okay.  I understand.'  Yeah, heh heh.  She's okay."  I love Marietta.  And she made me believe it, perhaps for the first time, that maybe Junior does think it's okay that I go to work.
  • I hear that Junior really enjoys Abuela and gets excited when she sees her.  I'm really thankful for Abuela.  I feel bad, because I never see her.  And a lot of times I end up complaining about the way she does things because my apartment doesn't look exactly the way I expect it to (although it IS a lot neater with her help!).  I need to focus on the bigger thing, the most important thing: is she loving my child? And I think the answer is yes.
  • Good quiet time, studying Hebrews 11.  I am challenged by the repeated statement that these people who are praised for their faith didn't receive what was promised and what they anticipated.  The fulfillment of the promise came after their time.  It is a reminder to me that God works on HIS timetable, and he can take generations -- even centuries -- to move the ball forward in His perfect way.  The heroes of faith existed in segments of time, in pieces of God's story.  They didn't see the bottom line, but they knew it was coming, and lived accordingly.  And so it is with me... I shouldn't expect to see massive movement (though I do expect to still see the small miracles), but I should continue proceeding as if God will have His way in the end -- because He will.  
  • Good prayer time last night with honey... good confession as to ways in which I am not "imaging forth" what God is like to others.  Not telescoping and magnifying God, and making known His goodness. 
  • Thankful it didn't rain on me to or from work! And it wasn't too hot.  :)  And our AC is functioning.  And watermelon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment