Friday, July 10, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly - 31 and 32

31 
  • It was pretty yucky working until 1AM.  But very thankful for the gift of Mr. Squire staying up with me to encourage me, keep me company, give shoulder massages, and comfort.  He also calmed Junior down when she had trouble falling asleep.   
  • Despite the yuckiness of getting a surprise email at 9:15 and having to sign in to work an unexpected few hours late at night, I was thankful that at least it didn't cut into my time with Junior.  At least I got to feed her dinner, watch her crawl (!!!!!!) from the bedroom to the living room, play with her, and do bedtime.  Those are precious moments.  
I don't remember much else from yesterday.  


32
  • It's Friday.  And even though I got only 5+ hours of sleep, I made it through the day okay and for the most part had a quiet, productive day.
  • Had a great meeting with one of my partner/mentors.  He and I are working on a case together and ended up having a great conversation about doing trials and what that's like.  He likened a jury trial to a TV show -- putting on a TV show for the jury -- except that there is no soundtrack to tell you what's going on.  So reactions of the witness, lawyers, and the judge are key signals -- and that's part of managing a trial.  Very interesting.  
  • Mr. Squire cooked up a delicious salmon for dinner, which we had with salad and avocado.  Junior got avocado all. over. her. face.  It was everywhere.  And I took several videos.  :)  
  • Junior is forreal CRAWLING.  And pulling herself up on things.  She is growing up so fast!  (STOP GROWING SO FAST!)  We took a walk before dinner today, and she fell asleep on me in the ergo.  I looooooove it when she falls asleep on me.  It's one of my top five favorite things in the world.  And Mr. Squire and I had some good catchup on our walk.  We saw a baby rabbit literally jump and do a hind-kick spontaneously on a lawn! The rabbit almost looked like it was flying.  Pretty cool.  We paused for about five minutes to watch the rabbit dart in and out of the bushes on our way back from the track.  Evenings walks by the river with my baby and my hobey -- the best parts of my week and life.  
  • After we put Junior to sleep, she started her protest-crying (not full-blown crying).  Every time I went to check in on her, she did her flip-and-grin routine.  Seeing her grin eagerly back at me is...awesome.  Not so awesome at night when she's supposed to be sleeping, but ... still pretty darn awesome.  Being her mom is the best.
  • Spent a little while catching up on putting her videos up on Youtube.  So thankful for technology... she's changing so quickly.  It's a relief that we can capture a few of these special moments and save them and review them.  (Sometimes when I'm having a tough time at work, or having trouble pumping at work... I play a couple of her videos, and it makes everything better.)
  • Cherries. Watermelon!
  • Ran into Mr. Squire's parents as I came home. They spent some time with Junior and Junior's two girl cousins on the Squire side, and Junior isn't afraid of Mr. Squire's parents anymore. It was great to see her grinning back at them.  I am thankful for all the love they give her (and us).

No comments:

Post a Comment