Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Learning to walk humbly - 23

finally, everyone got a decent night of rest. Thankful!

Another beautiful day. Took a most lovely walk with Big Brother and Big Sister with Junior in the ergo. Went to the convent and my favorite patch of beach behind it. Was able to share the beauty and joy of the lapping waves of an expansive Lake Michigan with my girl. 

Big family dinner at home with Big Brother's med school roommate. Yummy food and good times. I can't help but think this is the happiest this house has ever been. 

More cleaning, which led me to find all sorts of old things, including old letters and my sparkly swing-choir hat, which Mr Squire and Junior enjoyed watching me wear and perform a little swing song in 

Belated Father's Day outing for my dad at outback. I joined him in enjoying the rack of lamb. He seemed very happy with the whole thing. Happy to see my dad happy. And happy when Junior reaches for him, because he actually loves to hold her. 

My niece read a couple books to me! And her parents gave me a super-cute book--Toys Go Out. Very thoughtful. 

Fed a bowl of cereal to my girl. And put her down for a nap. Totally mundane things--but among the best things about this vacation. Sadly, I don't feel like I've been able to spend that much time with her this break. Between having to do stuff my mom wants done, doing some work, sharing her with five other adults, and trying to get sleep, I don't have a ton of time with her. So the small things--extra snuggle time, struggling to put her down for naps, getting her to eat...these have been gifts to me

Cherry Kringle. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment