Thursday, July 2, 2015

Learning to walk humbly

not just a decent night of rest, but finally--a good night of rest. Vacation is coming to a close, but we are finally getting some much-needed sleep!

Sweet moments with batty all day: from making her grin as we do the Jamie Bond routine, to playing with the kitchen set together, to feeding her cereal, to getting her to nap, to ergo-ing her to my favorite spot on the lake by the convent... Really enjoyed my day with my girl

Lunch with one of my oldest mentors, Steve. He was my manager fifteen years ago and since then has been a loyal friend and mentor. Always a gift to see him

Took Junior and Hobey to the flower shop and enjoyed showing them all sorts of flowers. I think Junior in particular had a good time. Afterwards, we went to Kmart to get something for my parents, and Mr Squire and Junior had a ball hanging out on the sofas, making friends with random strangers (who love to ask for unsolicited introductions to the baby), and sliding around on the furniture. I love watching them play together. 

Big Brother packed and shipped all of my old stuff to me. Big job. So thankful he did it so I didn't have to. Thanks, Big Brother!

ate dessert in the sunny, beautiful dinette with Big Sister, who gave me good advice on introducing solids to Junior

Walk to my favorite Lake spot behind the convent with Mr Squire, Mom, Junior, and our niece A. It's always fun to share the beauty of that space with others. A loved collecting feathers, seeing the rabbits, skipping stones (or trying to), watching the waves, and tossing the sand. Everyone else (junior included) loved watching her

My dad cooked up a delicious meal of fried rice, dumplings, and kale. We had a heaping bowl of yellow Rainier cherries afterward. 

The beauty of Wisconsin continues to restore my soul. And the rhythm of life here--sleep in, see friends, eat, go on a simple but beautiful walk, eat again, and sleep--is wonderful  

I love my girl. I love her dad. I have a good family. I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment