Sunday, July 19, 2015

Learning to Walk Humbly

in the last few days I am thankful for:
  • Finality: we're going to Florida (pending the background check)!
  • Baking: made sunshine cake for our church's birthday dinner
  • Birthdays: our niece turned 2 and we joined them for a lovely birthday party in a nearby part
  • Sleep: Mr. Squire took care of Batty for me so I could catch up on much-needed sleep after several nights of sleeping terribly
  • Play: Good periods of play with Junior.  We took her swimming for the first time, I had good snuggle time, we had some good laughs, I discovered she is an extravert, I watched her be passed from loving auntie to loving auntie at church dinner and appreciated the love she gets (and we get), lots of peek-a-boo and crawling and helping her to "stand-stand" (I put my hands two inches above the ground, and she places her hands on mine and uses them to pull herself up to a standing position)
  • Hobey:  some good quality time with him, too.  I really love Mr. Squire.  We have a lot of big changes ahead. Knowing I get to do them with him makes everything seem much more doable.
  • Worship:  lots of reflection over the last couple days...lots of remembering what God has done in bringing all of this together. And particularly bringing it together in a way that will serve as a reminder that it is HE -- not we -- who orchestrate and directs our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment